This section is currently under construction.
For now you may find the following links useful;
- A non-halogenated flame retardant additive for pultrusion (pdf)
- Phosphorous based additives for flame retardant polyester
- Conference report; Flame Retardants
- Google Books- Fire Retardancy of Polymeric Materials, C A Wilkie, A B Morgan
- Environment Agency 2003 report- Prioritisation of Flame retadrands for environmental Risk Assessment (pdf)
- CORDIS- New Fire Retardant Textiles
- Project that looked at developing halogen free FR.
You may also find Materials Functionality- Fire and Heat Resistance, useful.
If you would like to contribute to this area or suggest areas to cover please contact us here.
Please note this section is currently under construction, for now you may find the followign information useful.
Decabromodiphenyl ether is a brominated flame retardant often reffered to as Deca Bromine or Deca BDE.
It has been proved as a very effective flame retardant, however it is subject of debate of its environmental impact.
More information can be gained from the below links;
- Claims and Facts about Deca-BDE Flame Retardant (pdf)
- Decabromodiphenyl ether- Wikipedia
- Brominated Flame Retardant Deca-BDE Fact Sheet (pdf)
- The Advisory Committee on Hazardous Substances (ACHS) Opinion on Decabrominated diphenyl ether (decaBDE) 2010 (pdf)
- Bromine Science and Environment Forum http://www.bsef.com/
- BSEF Deca-BDE, Human Health; Risk Assessment Completed
- BSEF- The EU Risk Assessment of Deca-BDE
- An overview of commercially used brominated flame retardants, their applications, their use patterns in different countries/regions and possible modes of release, 2003. (pdf)