The sharing of good and best practice, know how, contacts and experience amongst industry and learning institutions is a fundamental part of developing funds and obtaining investment readiness at proposition close. Consequently, the Knowledge Platform has a number of objectives, including:
- Stimulate and increase the level and quality of commercialisation propositions;
- Help links and relationships with agencies, organisations and individuals who could provide seed corn and/or third party funds;
- Contribute and stimulate cultural change, networking and good practice within and between institutions and organisations;
- Help support collaborative research and development with regional companies;
- Contribute to the development of the regional sectors by facilitating the exploitation of technology;
- Provide online newsletters, live feed webinars, information, case studies and technical information directly relating to technical textile enhancement programmes;
- Identification and monitoring of training needs;
- Communication of the training needs towards schools, universities and businesses;
- Promotion of matching activities between identified training needs and market offers;
- Accreditation of training bodies;
- Qualification of personnel;
- Fund raising;
- Elaboration of specific projects and initiatives at EU and national level.
For more information, visit the Textile Centre of Excellence website.